Friday, October 21, 2011

Meetings and non-Meetings with Police

So I was at the home meeting with some of the saints enjoying that Christ is our victory over death and sin. However, I had to leave with Mario and Jesus because they needed to go home to take care of some brothers for a junior high conference in the Valley. So as we are leaving, apparently, the cops were called in on a noise call. I think there may have been a party or something but we happened to be walking out at the right time for the cops to think it was us. The cops approached us as we were walking to my car and ready to get into it. They asked where we were coming from.

"We are coming from that house for a church function." Jesus said.
"Oh what church was it?" The cop responded
"The Church of the Firstborn" Mario replied

At this point, I'm still nervous. Even though my future as a prosecutor and the fact that I never commit illegal activities suggest otherwise, I am always nervous around officers.

After Mario spoke, Jesus butted in "Yea. We were just singing praises to God. I don't think we were that loud."
"You were singing to God? Why didn't you call earlier? We would've joined in!" The officer exclaimed.
We were all amazed that the officers were believers. After some chatting, we learned that the officers prayed before every shift. We handed them the reading we were enjoying about Christ being the victor over death. The officer seemed to skim it with his flashlight and asked to keep it. We excitedly let him.

Two hours later, on my way home, I am stopped at a red light. I was just praying, thanking God that he was our victory. However, I turned away from my front view to grab a snack I had just purchased. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the light turn green. However, half way through the intersection I realized it was the left turn light that had turned green. Not my light. At that point, I had to finish my travels through the intersection, even though it was still red. I ran a red light. Already distressed over this, I look in my mirror. There was a police car on the opposite side of the light, facing the direction I was coming from. He was heading east while I was headed west. There was no way he missed my action. I was prepared to pull over for my mistake, so I pulled into a gas station and waited to see the sirens go off. However, the police car kept driving like nothing had happened. It was as if the Lord had cast a shield over me. Praise the Lord that I was not ticketed for my idiotic, braindead red light violation.

No comments:

Post a Comment